This lime rind Grated scented Bar-B-Q: Smoke-Grilled Salmon combines the virtues of hot smoking and cedar planking. Technically speaking, the zest is the colorful portion of the peel or rind. If you have not tried it before, I am sure you’ll be surprised at how easy it is to make compared to pork or chicken. The dry brine in a sugar-salt mixture seasons the fish wonderfully. For gas grilling, place drained, dip wood chips in a usable aluminum pan directly on the burner of your grill.
I think you know what is lime rind grated! The rind of a lime is the outer green layer of skin, which have sweet-scented and flavorful oils. Lime rind adds intense flavor to a different type of cocktails, desserts and a number of other recipes.
Be careful: the white pith is bitter and annoying, while the rind has the bright flavor of the fruit. But whether a recipe calls for grated lemon (or orange or lime) zest, peel or rind, you should not use that bitter white pith.
Related Post: GOURMIA GBQ330 PORTABLE CHARCOAL ELECTRIC BBQ GRILL
Bar-B-Q: Smoke-Grilled Salmon Recipe
- Yield: 4 Servings
What You Will Need
- 1 teaspoon lime rind, Grated
- 1/4 c lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 pn pepper
- 4 salmon steaks, 1-inch thick-[1-1/2, lb]
- 1/3 c sesame seed [optl], Toasted
How to Make
- In a shallow dish, combine lime rind and juice, oil, mustard, and pepper; add fish, turning to coat.
- Cover and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Reserving marinade, remove fish; sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Place on greased grill directly over medium heat.
- Add soaked wood chips. Cover and cook, turning and basting with marinade halfway through, for 16-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
It’s an easy and simple process to cook healthy and sweet-scented smoked salmon. If you have tried this delicious recipe then share your experience with our readers. Or if you are planning to make this Grilled asparagus would also be a great accompaniment and remember Salmon is better slightly undercooked than ever overcooked. And Serve with cracked peppercorns and lemon slices, if desired.